Friday 11 February 2011

Exercise 2 Thinking about location

There are plenty of locations in Lyme so I wandered around to find different ones which enabled me to frame the portrait.  I used my Olympus 1000mju and covered about a dozen location and even took one picture that I thought would be acceptable but, for some reason, couldn't download them.
Went back to some acceptable sites and retook the pictures to reproduce them here.
Here's a contact sheet of some that I thought would be okay. and the image below is the one that I chose for a final location with subject in situ.
I like this picture as the subject is surrounded by lines leading the eye to him; that is apart from the line of rocks going in and out of each ear. The handrails and fences and harbour walls surround the subject

I had to use fill in flash as the subject had his back to the sunlight and his face was consequently in shadow.  Fill in flash enabled him to be shown but not squinting in full sunlight.  I had to move in closer so that the flash was effective otherwise there was very little noticeable effect.



No comments:

Post a Comment